Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Smoke??
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
richuk1
Hi, I have a 2008 2.0 tdci Ghia Galaxy. I have had it a month and bought for the good reviews on towing a caravan. I have just been out towing and have noticed black smoke and on another occasion white smoke coming from the exhaust just after pulling away and driving with low revs. Any ideas for this? I am not mechanically minded and don't want to take it back to the dealer it it is nothing to worry about. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bigdaddycain
The white smoke could be simply condensation from the exhaust if it's damp outside and the galaxy hasn't got up to temp... The black smoke could well be due to not being driven for long enough... If my car is used for local duties only (a 2.0 TDCI) Then after a while the exhaust stinks something 'orrible, with a bluey/black smoke emitted from the exhausts till the car receives an "italian tune".
richuk1
i had been driving for about 20 mins prior to towing so wasn't cold.

Full Colour Version: Black Smoke??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615