Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Airbag On Constant But Not Always ? 2004 Cmax
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
Not.gotta.clue
Hi any ideas my air bag light is on constant, don't get any flashing I start the car and about 7 seconds after started the airbag light comes on, was off for few days then wile driving today it came back on, I read someone saying bout dodgie wires but I'm not sure what wires to be checking, any help would be appreciated
Not.gotta.clue
Update; believe this is being caused from the wire under driver chair that connect to the seatbelt restraint if I wiggle it and push the clip it goes off after turning ignition on and off,.
Stoney871
Nail on the head i reckon, the cable's loose on the pre-tensioner connector then.
If you're going to repair it yourself i recommend disconnecting the battery and leaving for about 30 minutes for static to discharge or you run the risk of setting off the tensioners and airbags.
rojariggs
A common fault on many cars.

Unplug and then reconnect the plug under the seat. Then stick a small cable tie around the plug and pull it tight to stop it working loose again.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.