Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Hesitation And Juddering, Any Ideas?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
Cjl
Hi,

The Ford garage has updated the software which has fixed the starting problem. However there car is still not running correctly, the car seems very juddery espically from low revs and you accelerate, also the cruise control is still not working.

I have been back to the garage and the service manager has come out and he confirms there is a problem. No error codes have been logged.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem before?, could this be a faulty glow plug or relay?, would this not log a code.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Chris
ABS control ring or sensor almost certainly.
Cjl
Hi, thought i would post an update. The problem turned out to be the fuel filter, this has been replaced and the car is now running great. The cruise control problem was down to a faulty sensor on the clutch pedal.

Both problems were fixed by Alen Ford in Northampton, first time dealing with a Ford garage and they have been great, really good service from Jerry and Steve.

Chris
Stoney871
I've bought parts from them through eBay and they seem switched on.
Good result with rectifying your fault.
davecraggs
hi what engine was in your car i have a similar fault on a 2007 1.8 tdci stutter judders really badly at around 300 rpm

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615