Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam Or Chain Belt
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
richardc316
Hi guys, I'm in the process of buying a mondeo and i'm not sure if its a chain belt or not? Can anyone help?

It's a 2000 (W), LX, A/C 2.0 Petrol Hatchback.

It's only done 50,000 miles, but it is nearly 12 years old.

Does anyone know if it would be chain? and either way, when it will need changing.

Thanks
rojariggs
It's a belt on that one.

If you have no evidence of it being done and the car is now 12 years old I would suggest it's worth getting it done. On mileage it's OK but it should have had a couple of belts by now based on age.
fintious maximus
Mine's a 2001 2.0 zetec(Duratec HE engine) and I was told it was a chain? That's worrying if it's a belt as I have loads of history and no mention of a belt being done. Car has done 112k
pragmatix
[quote name='fintious maximus' timestamp='1331752085' post='172522']
Mine's a 2001 2.0 zetec(Duratec HE engine) and I was told it was a chain? That's worrying if it's a belt as I have loads of history and no mention of a belt being done. Car has done 112k
[/quote]

Duratec's of your age are chain
fintious maximus
Cool,thanks for clarifying that
rojariggs
[quote name='fintious maximus' timestamp='1331752085' post='172522']
[/quote]
Your's is new shape - His is old shape. You have a chain - He has a belt.
richardc316
Thanks for the replies. I've got it changed now and it only cost me £140! I actually work for a Ford main dealer and even with my staff discount it would have cost me nearly double that.
btmaldon
I doubt you could get it done much cheaper if you did it yourself. :)

Full Colour Version: Cam Or Chain Belt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.