Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idling And Cruise Issues
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Chris P
Hi folks, i've recently had a problem with the Focus i own, which comes and goes depending on how cold it is.

Over the colder weather we've had i've had no issues but as the weather has got warmer the car runs odd. When the car gets to temp it idles roughly and when i'm in 4th gear at 30mph at odd times the engine stutters - almost like the car is kangarooing.

At first i took no notice of it (late last year) but as the weather went colder it went away, now its back but when i drive in the early hours from work the problem has gone again.

Any idea's what could be causing this?
jeebowhite
Welcome to the forums Chris.

When was the last time the car had a good service?

It would be helpful if you can advise more on your car, such as mileage, or service history etc?
Chris P
Full service was done Sept last year along with new clutch and flywheel + new timing belt. Mileage is pretty high at 120k - brought second hand about 12 months ago. No warning lights come one and no error codes or warnings either if that helps

Full Colour Version: Idling And Cruise Issues
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.