Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Bumper Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Ash88lfc
Alright guys. Smashed my rear bumper in on my 2008 focus. Had a look at local dismantalers but as I thought no joy. Does anyone know where I would get one from or best place quite cheap. Also checked eBay.

Cheers fellas.

Ash.
sparkymark75
Seems to be quite a few on Gumtree, not sure if their suitable or not but worth a look.

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=Ford+Focus+rear+bumper&search_location=United+Kingdom&ubercat=1"]http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=Ford+Focus+rear+bumper&search_location=United+Kingdom&ubercat=1[/url]
Ash88lfc
Cheers mate will look on there now. Colour is sea grey and seen one on eBay which looks my colour but guy says its dark grey. Is there a colour also if anyone knows for dark grey? Cheers again and for reply already
sparkymark75
Do you know the Ford paint colour name for your car? It will tell you on the Ford ETIS site. I presume your looking for a straight swap without having to do any paint work?
salsheikh
i saw a sea grey one on beay recently but it needed a bit of work due to sratched and small bumps. will see if i can find it.
i cant find it but found another one: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-FACELIFT-REAR-BUMPER-3-DOOR-HATCHBACK-2008-/160749695227?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256d6db0fb"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-FACELIFT-REAR-BUMPER-3-DOOR-HATCHBACK-2008-/160749695227?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256d6db0fb[/url]
STEADS
Hi i,m about to remove mine from a 2005 in panther black if this of any help to you in perfect condition replaceing with the later one like yours direct straight swap just giving the car a face lift so if you or anyone else for that matter is interested pm me
STEADS
sorry didnt see colour so prob no good to you i,ve paid £90 for mine complete with lights if that helps price wise thats delivered as well .
salsheikh
found that damaged one but its an st3 jobbie: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST3-2008-MK4-5DR-HATCH-REAR-BUMPER-H4-METALLIC-GREY-/270910510856?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f13865708"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST3-2008-MK4-5DR-HATCH-REAR-BUMPER-H4-METALLIC-GREY-/270910510856?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f13865708[/url]
STEADS
when you come to take the old one off if you havent done so already you will find that the inner 10 mm nut under the wheel arch is rusted to hell and even with a good dose of wd40 will only come part of the way loose then sieze and spin the bolt within the plastic holder i just gently prized mine out with a long screw driver and then just knocked the lower holding panel back into shape will just put a washer back on for extra security when you get your new bumper that same place might have been ragged knowing scrappys it is only riveted in place so will be able to take it off put a new bolt in with a locking nut and then put back on bumper youll see what i mean when you come to do the job about half hours work
Ash88lfc
[quote name='sparkymark75' timestamp='1331809132' post='172627']
Do you know the Ford paint colour name for your car? It will tell you on the Ford ETIS site. I presume your looking for a straight swap without having to do any paint work?
[/quote]

Sorry been away. Yes my paint is sea grey. What is the ford etis site mate?

Cheers
Ash88lfc
[quote name='STEADS' timestamp='1331818380' post='172646']
when you come to take the old one off if you havent done so already you will find that the inner 10 mm nut under the wheel arch is rusted to hell and even with a good dose of wd40 will only come part of the way loose then sieze and spin the bolt within the plastic holder i just gently prized mine out with a long screw driver and then just knocked the lower holding panel back into shape will just put a washer back on for extra security when you get your new bumper that same place might have been ragged knowing scrappys it is only riveted in place so will be able to take it off put a new bolt in with a locking nut and then put back on bumper youll see wHhat i mean when you come to do the job about half hours work
[/quote]

Cheers mate for advice :)

STEADS
No probs didnt end up changing the mount the guy i bought it off on ebay said it was missing it wasnt all that had happened was that the 10mm bolt had sheared out of the plastic holder (youll see when you do yours)not a problem with nimble fingers you can get around the back and insert a new bolt with washer on then put a locking nut the other side and just replace bumper as normal literally 10/15 min job
Lenny
[quote name='STEADS' timestamp='1332065409' post='173160']
No probs didnt end up changing the mount the guy i bought it off on ebay said it was missing it wasnt all that had happened was that the 10mm bolt had sheared out of the plastic holder (youll see when you do yours)not a problem with nimble fingers you can get around the back and insert a new bolt with washer on then put a locking nut the other side and just replace bumper as normal literally 10/15 min job
[/quote]

quick question regarding the rear bumper mate,
do you reckon the car could be driven for about a week, with the rear bumper removed and the fog light bulb and reverse bulbs tapped up?

im asking because i have a Zetec S body kit for the mk2.5 and i need to leave it in the body shop to get it sprayed and fitted to the bumpers, and the problem is i need the car for work so i was thinking of removing the rear bumper and leaving it in the body shop along with the rear lip for fitting,

have you got any pictures of the focus without the rear bumper fitted?
STEADS
Lenny if you can leave it with me till later on or tommrow as i,m of all week i,ll take it off and get you some photos as its not a big job dont know where you would stand road legal wise maybe stoney could add some advice .as some of em can be a funny lot lol. have you not got your old bumper you could slot back on . i,ll post back later as got go out for a few hours
Lenny
[quote name='STEADS' timestamp='1332067719' post='173171']
Lenny if you can leave it with me till later on or tommrow as i,m of all week i,ll take it off and get you some photos as its not a big job dont know where you would stand road legal wise maybe stoney could add some advice .as some of em can be a funny lot lol. have you not got your old bumper you could slot back on . i,ll post back later as got go out for a few hours
[/quote]

no need to go to the bother of removing it just for me mate its fine thanks,

the zetec s is a lip that fits on to the existing bumper, so its only the one, and my trip to work is 18km each way so i would hope to avoide the cops but i agree i may be breaking the law because i wouldnt have a reverse of a fog light for a week.
Stoney871
Yeah, ights need to be in place and functional, you particularly need the reverse light in place. Sorry.. :(
Lenny
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1332081662' post='173195']
Yeah, ights need to be in place and functional, you particularly need the reverse light in place. Sorry.. :(
[/quote]

of i got a 500ml empty coke bottle and cut the mouth out just enough to fit the reverse light in to it and tapped it up, then cable tied it to the rear beam instead of the bumper it would last for a week anyways?

Full Colour Version: Ford Bumper Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.