Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Idle Rev's When Stationary
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
CONKERS
Ji Guys,

I have a Mondeo 2l 03plate

Recently everytime I come to a standstill my car revs to 3k for 3 seconds before coming back down to 1k

I have bought a Haynes manual so have have just changed the Idle control vavle and also the Throttle body and sensor and there is no change

Is there anyone out there that has had the same problem that could possibly help

Its getting quite embarasing pulling up at every juction with this revving noise

Thanks in advance
plumbob
Petrol or diesel?
pragmatix
Its likely to be the throttle position sensor, its attached to the accelorator pedal
CONKERS
Hi Guys,

Its a Petrol engine 2.0ltr

I thought the Throttle sensor was on the Throttle Body connected to the engine enf of the throttle cable which I have changed. What sensor in connected to the pedal ??

Chris
pragmatix
Ok ignore that if you are on a cable
plumbob
try look at the condition of this, [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial,]Crankcase breather hose under the inlet manifold.[/font][/color]
CONKERS
Cool I will have a look in the morning and let you know how I get on

CONKERS
Thanks Plumbob - I took the Inlet manifold off and there was a 4 inch split along the vacuum hose - replaced this and the 4 gaskets (whilst I had it off) and its running like a dream.
plumbob
No problem buddy, i am really happy you got it fixed!
4 inch, that is a big split!

Full Colour Version: High Idle Rev's When Stationary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615