Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Radio
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Fiestaalex
I currently have the tape player/radio head unit in my car, what is the easiest/cheapest way to put in a cd head unit? Can i directly switch a 6000 rds head unit in if I bought one off Ebay?

Many thanks
Alex
Stoney871
Hi mate,

Yes a 6000 is a direct swap, all wiring is exactly the same.
If you were to go for the 6006 which is the 6 disc changer model the socket configuration is different but you just need to seperate the connectors on the loom and connect seperately - don't worry, you can't plug them in wrong as all sockets are a different shape.
To remove the old radio you need the tools i have linked to below -

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC5-83-Ford-KA-1997-2008-Radio-Stereo-Fitting-Removal-Extraction-Release-Keys-/180744023039?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a152eebff"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC5-83-Ford-KA-1997-2008-Radio-Stereo-Fitting-Removal-Extraction-Release-Keys-/180744023039?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a152eebff[/url]

Just be sure you have the code supplied with the new radio.
If it doesn't come with one then it's not a big problem.
You would need to take the serial number of the radio which will be an "M" with six numbers after it. (e.g. M123456)
People on eBay do a code service but it is cheaper if you have access to an iPhone / iPod touch to download a code generator from the app store for 69p.
The code is entered by scrolling the numbers with the numbered keys on the radio - e.g. if the code is 4321 then you press key one four times, key two three times, key three twice, key four once. You then press key five to enter the code.
Hope that's of help to you.
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]These radio code breakers make a mockery of having a security code on the radio in the first place.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Keep the toe-rags at bay, fit a stonkin great padlock to your radio. [/font][/size][/color] :D
Fiestaalex
Thanks for that it was really helpful! I will justy have to try and catch a good one on ebay now! :)

Thanks!
Alex
Stoney871
[quote name='ndsussex' timestamp='1331905463' post='172881']
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]These radio code breakers make a mockery of having a security code on the radio in the first place.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Keep the toe-rags at bay, fit a stonkin great padlock to your radio. [/font][/size][/color] :D
[/quote]
Why do you think Ford went to "V" codes?
I know that you can still get them too but the person supplying them has to be linked to Ford in some way.
Most toe rags don't bother nicking radios any more as most now are so integrated with the cars that it takes too long to get them out in one piece.
They just steal the keys and have it away with the whole car instead.

Full Colour Version: Fiesta Radio
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.