Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8Tdci A Little Sluggish
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ChrisH
1.8 TDCi Mk2. Starts and runs well, but recently it feels as If need a bit of a heavier right foot, and it just does not seem as responsive as it used to. MPG still absolutely fine at around the 55-60mpg, and get over 630 miles out of a full tank, so I presume it cant be anything too serious. I used some BG244 around a year ago, but its had no additives since then. Usually use Supermarket fuel, with the odd tankful of branded (usually Shell).

Its due a service, I do around 12000 mils every 6 months, and last service was basically oil and filter, and I cleaned the pipercross filter I have in. Fuel filter was last changed around 25000 miles ago. I am hoping and presuming it just needs a full service.

Anyone any comments, and should I use a fuel additive such as Wynns after using BG244.

Cheers
Stoney871
I'd BG244 it again and have a service, you'll notice the difference for sure.
ChrisH
Thanks stonie. Will give that a try, going to see the garage later today

Full Colour Version: 1.8Tdci A Little Sluggish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615