Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Field Service: 9C628 - Focus Engine And Wiring
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Z3 MON
Hi Guys,

just done a ford etis check on the focus (mk1 2.0 esp 200 reg 2.0L)

9C628 - FOCUS ENGINE AND WIRING

any ideas what its accutally for?

do we just take the car to ford and they do it? or does it have to be serviced at the same time?

thanks

Dave
Pidu
Recalls are free of charge, no need to service car at that time. You leave the car, they do the job and that is it.
Z3 MON
Nice... but its a service bulitien not a recall??

Any ideas what the recall is??
Pidu
[quote name='Z3 MON' timestamp='1332166149' post='173365']
Any ideas what the recall is??
[/quote]

Outstanding Field Service Action
Z3 MON
Sorry I meant what's it for, ie what symptoms will it give??
artscot79
there was bulletins regarding wiring that had to be moved away from the alternator this is just from memory so i cant be specific and re routing of wires away from the coil pack.the best way to find out is give a local dealer a ring
cuke
Hi, surely though if it was a problem then the car would have had the symptoms by now..
Chris
artscot79
i dont think it was all cars 1 issue was intermittent starting the other was fluctuations in power ie the lights constantly dimming and going bright if you dont have that then i wouldnt worry
Z3 MON
We have starting issues, hunting issues and revs sticking issues lol
cuke
Hi, thse might not be related at all and just due to the age of the car, however have you contacted your dealers yet?
Chris
artscot79
starting and hunting issues is a relation to the wiring most likely, hunting issues could be related but be something else completely
[font="Arial"][size="2"][b]Ford Focus and Mondeo 1.8 2.0 TDCi 2000 - 2003[/b][/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]Problem: Engine hard to start, lack of power, rough idling etc.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]Solution: A common problem has been identified with the above models and an insufficient signal from the camshaft postion sensor (CPS). The fault code P0340 may have been triggered which relates to the CPS. A revised wiring harness / sensor should be installed which increases the sensor signal from 5 volts to 12 volts. The increase in voltage will provide an improved signal from the sensor.[/size][/font]
Z3 MON
[indent=1]its a petrol does that make a difference?[/indent]

[indent=1]Im calling ford today[/indent]
Z3 MON
just called ford and they said its free just give them a call to book it in

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.