Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta 1.4Tdci Airflow Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
bangayfamily
Hi all i hope im not repeating a question which may have already been asked , i have scrolled a feew pages but could not find it.
here goes, i have a 1.4tdci 2004 reg fiesta and the issue im having is a pulsating sound like a diaphram flexing pulsing is coming from a cylindical part on right hand side between headlamp and car battery with two airpipes one to top of engine and one leads round back, also has a silver metal end and mounted on rubber mounts which is someting to do with airflow and servo !? when the car is running it pulsates or pops i spoke to ford and they where a tad vague and not sure !! they suggested replacing it but i aint got a clue what its called or if this is a common ting or even it should make this noise? any help greatly appreciated. on anbother note why the hell do they cut costs and make dipstick in plastic which becomes brittle and snappes grrto only be told by spares a new dipstick will cost £13 but you also need to buy a guide for it at another £13 gr gr gr gr
rant over lol

p.s can post a pic of part if that helps james
bangayfamily
[quote name='bangayfamily' timestamp='1332236618' post='173521']
Hi all i hope im not repeating a question which may have already been asked , i have scrolled a feew pages but could not find it.
here goes, i have a 1.4tdci 2004 reg fiesta and the issue im having is a pulsating sound like a diaphram flexing pulsing is coming from a cylindical part on right hand side between headlamp and car battery with two airpipes one to top of engine and one leads round back, also has a silver metal end and mounted on rubber mounts which is someting to do with airflow and servo !? when the car is running it pulsates or pops i spoke to ford and they where a tad vague and not sure !! they suggested replacing it but i aint got a clue what its called or if this is a common ting or even it should make this noise? any help greatly appreciated. on anbother note why the hell do they cut costs and make dipstick in plastic which becomes brittle and snappes grrto only be told by spares a new dipstick will cost £13 but you also need to buy a guide for it at another £13 gr gr gr gr
rant over lol

p.s can post a pic of part if that helps james

just been to ford and after a few hours of them scrathing head it turns out to be a egr solenoid valve . all i gotta do now is shop about to ave some moeny , local scrap yard aint got one grrrrr
ooo another thing i was informed they also used pug parts
[/quote]

Full Colour Version: Fiesta 1.4Tdci Airflow Issue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.