Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Electrical Gremlins
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
BabyHawk
Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Firstly, a big thanks to FOC for helping me solve another recent issue with my 2002 Galaxy 1.9Tdi which was the brake master-cylinder.

Anyway, this car has been a faithful servant for the past 6 years and i'm now experiencing some slight problems but it won't diminish my love for the car one bit. I first noticed the problem yesterday. My drivers window has simply stopped working without warning/noise etc. Now, I have searched enough to know that its normally the regulator in this case however, after noticing this, I turned on my sidelights, which came on but the hazard lights also flashed a few times....! Then a headlight went out, and now my central locking goes through the motions, locks, then motions continue and the doors all unlock again.

I am going to look at this Wednesday evening when I can get this into the garage, so what i'm hoping for is for a kind soul to help point me in the right direction and try to cut down my head scratching time!

Do I start at the fuse box, drivers door panel, under the hood...where? Any help or comments greatly rec'd!

Many thanks in advance guys.
gregers
before you go down the garage route.
i would 1st take a look in the door gaitor in the drivers door,common problem there tight and break,this then sends everything nuts.
does everything work as it should using global closing?
i will pm you you some more details.
BabyHawk
Thanks Gregers, much appreciate the help.

Full Colour Version: Help! Electrical Gremlins
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.