Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Shock Absorber
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
hi guys

need to replace shocks on rear .ford fusion 1 03 plate.i havent changed this type before.most types have a nut on top end of shock and bolt on bottom. but on fusion there doesnt seem to be a nut on top end of shock. so i need to know how the top end is fastened to the wheel arch . any advice is most welcome.

Im guessing they are the same as the mk6 fiesta, done one of these ages ago and IIRC there is a mount inside the wheels are with 2 bolts
cheers stef

two 10mm bolts at top bracket and a 10 mm retaining nut on piston.a 15mm through bolt on the bottom . very easy to do. inner arch comes off easy. only thing was. when i tried to undo the through bolt 18mm nut it took me a good 20 mins of huffing and puffing using an extention bar before i realised that the 18mm nut is actually welded to the bottom bracket and you loosen it from the 15mm end [img][/img] .what a twit i am

Full Colour Version: Rear Shock Absorber
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.