Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'door Open' Dash Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Tomo77
(see photo)

I've got 2004 Mondeo Mistral and my 'Door Open' dash light stays one when all the doors and boot are shut. Anyone else had or have this problem and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
gregers
check the door switche/s,1 may of gone to ground?
Tomo77
Sorry my knowledge of cars is poor, hence me signing up.... door switches??
jeebowhite
When you close your door, you activate a switch, it could be either on the door frame (just a little nobble that pops out) or it can be around the catch system on the door itself, so that when the door closes, so does the switch. I cant say for definite which variety it is on the mondeo, but take a look around your doors.

If you put the interior light onto "door" mode, what happens when all doors are closed, does the light remain on?
Tomo77
The light goes off when you shut the doors as does the boot light when you shut the boot
jeebowhite
So lights go out, sounds like switches are fine but i recon a broken wire then, auto electrician is the only way forward i expect :(

seems that it keeps jiggling and breakin the Connection causing the light!

Full Colour Version: 'door Open' Dash Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.