Full Version: Adding Start/stop
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
james_60
Hi Dudes

Now that we have cracked the option tick boxes with our elms

Can i install the relay etc so that i can have stop/start

Jamie
cuke
Hi, sorry but was the start/stop system ever fitted to a Mk2.5, I don't think it was?
Chris
artscot79
even if it was its far more complicated than whacking in a relay and ford wouldnt have just put expensive equipment like that in for no reason and left it.but from what i can find the 2.5 did not have stop start
jimrex
Would you really want it? I honestly think it serves no purpose, it hasn't improved my MPG and just serves as an annoyance!
james_60
Hi

There is a fuse position and a relay position and its mentioned on the cars software.

Maybe it was going to be released but they left it until the new mk3

Jamie
jeebowhite
Hi Jamie,

you have to bear in mind that the alterator would need to be replaced with a Smart alternator, and potentially the battery as well. The system works on a basis that if the car battery is over 73% (if memory serves correctly) charged, then it will allow for the ISG to work, otherwise its disabled, plus you need to install switches that listen for the clutch being dipped and that would trigger the relay to start the engine.

The cost your looking at to implement it, your better off doing it the old fashioned way!
james_60
ok im not going to bother now :-(

Is there anything else i can enable that isnt on my car

Jamie
tomo2001
Rear smoke screen and ejector seat a la 007 ?
james_60
I was waiting for a comment like yours ! :)

How Dare You Post This On My Thread you Bad Bad Man :ph34r:

Ima Gonna tie you to my ejector seat and launch you into a giant bouncy castle :D

Jamie :)
Pidu
I think machine guns would be much more useful than ejector seat :D
james_60
Iam going to tie you up with paul if you start :-)

Jamie
Stoney871
Oil dispenser and wheel spikes?
Wings?
(Running for cover whilst laughing like a demon)
james_60
now i have a stick :-) j/k

ure all cool dudes

Jamie
Stoney871
[quote name='james_60' timestamp='1332534548' post='174153']
now i have a stick :-) j/k
[/quote]

If you throw it my dogs will retrieve it for you ;)

[quote name='james_60' timestamp='1332534548' post='174153']
ure all cool dudes
[/quote]

Gee, Thanks :)
jeebowhite
[quote][/quote]lol, I was waiting for these comments also, I have recommended the Baker seat many a time to the wife, without descibing it in simple english, she said she might think about it... probably not when I tell her what it is!

as for the mods, I would sit down with a modest box set of wacky racers for further ideas ;)

On the other hand, I dont think there is much you can interfere with (like adding ISG) unless you want to add various self controlled wipers / lights etc, otherwise there isnt really a great deal you can do, other than to make her look good!

Full Colour Version: Adding Start/stop
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615