Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remove Side Mirror Glass Mk2.5 Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Wizz
I had a drive-by the other day which damaged my side mirror....

I need to replace the side mirror body, because the edge was damaged.......but the glass remained intack.

How do I remove the glass from the old body without breaking it........so I can put it in my replacement body ( which apparently is supplied sans glass )

Is there a recommended method of doing this ?
Preee
Hiya
Haynes manual states

Remove trim on inside by where the tweeter is , undo the retaining , then starting at the top , pull the exterior mirror trim panel fromt he door , disconnect the wiring plug
Unscrew the mirror mounting bolts , then release the clip and withdraw the mirror.
mirror glass , pull the outer edge of the glass rearwards and inser a flat screw driver and gently prise the glass from the place and unclip the mirror and then remove the wiring from the mirror glass.

hope this helps

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615