Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coil Pack And Fuel Economy
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
fintious maximus
My Mondeo seems to misfire slightly when pulling in low revs and after reading some related posts i'm thinking it may be coil pack or leads. never removed a coil pack before so is there anything like corrosion to clean up in there or any precautions when removing to inspect? Also,seen coil packs on ebay for under £20 that claim to be oem standard - any good or stick to Ford parts?

Also, filled to the brim with petrol last weekend and have covered £330 miles and guage is at the bottom again - is this normal range? Expected at least 400 miles on a tank.
Z3 MON
I'm presuming a petrol, in which case 330 isn't that bad considering ur cars not running right. Use Ford parts not eBay ones as I have bought eBay ones in the past and it was rubish. U might.want to clean and spray the plate that the coil pack sits on, they do rust. Simple and easy to remove just remember which way the leads go :)
fintious maximus
Cheers David, are there contacts in there that would clean (like in a dizzy cap). Yes,it is petrol.. Do you think coil pack would cause missing?
fintious maximus
changed spark plugs this morning and hesitation seems to have gone! Taking it for a longer run this afternoon to prove.... Fingers crossed an easy fix.

Update - nah, still hesitant but doesn't seem quite as bad. Have ordered an ebay coil pack to try that before departing with £160+ for genuine Ford one.

Anyone think it could be coil pack or any other suggestions?
Gareth Prosser
Sounds exact same symptoms as mine....coil pack. engine management light coming on or flickering? my e-bay coil pack lasted 31/2 weeks, local motor factors for a genuine part and was still only £26, been fine for 6 months now.
fintious maximus
It was the HT leads in the end after changing plugs and coil pack. If ebay one lasted 3 weeks I might put the original back on....

Full Colour Version: Coil Pack And Fuel Economy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615