Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mot And Service At Dees Of Croydon
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
starfield
Hi All,

i just got my car serviced at the dealership on Friday. They charged me £200.
They change the oil and filter, did a health check on the car and replaced all wipers (x3) and the rear indicators and did the MOT.
The car passed with no advisory.
I also got a courtesy car for a day (61 reg ford Ka with start/stop)

What do you think of the price?
I am sure there is nothing wrong with the wipers nor the indicators. They say the indicators have started to show white light (the orange film on the bulb have started to disintegrate) which is a MOT fail and the wipers were smearing (I swear they don't).
what do you think on that?
Bigdaddycain
Flippin good price from a Ford dealer! Aren't the wiper blades daft money from Ford? (my mate told me they are £40 per blade) :blink:

If the blades were original, they were probably due replacement anyway (or near enough) and i suppose they were just playing it safe...

Considering it was a main dealer, i'd say the price was as fair as could be expected...
STEADS
i,d say that was to good of a price from a main stealer not unless they have finally realised that by ripping people off constantly they get less business. the sooner other retailers realise this the better .
johnH
the dealer service centre up here (dont sell cars, just fix them) are cheaper than most garages...its just the part prices on some bits are a little short of ridiculous. Price compared to offers up here are bit OTT...currently jennings are doing a full service for £99...not sure on what they call a full service etc.

did you get the stamp in the book? :lol:

i do all my own servicing and you can get the oil and all the filters for around £50. 1 hour of time and your done. about 3 weeks ago i got all my brake pads replaced, i sourced parts £40, a work mate fitted them for £30. Wiper blades from unipart, approx £20 for all 3....just as good as oem.

but i see why you took it to dealer before MOT...so it defo passes and get everything checked over etc.
artscot79
main dealers round my way do service and m.o.t for 149 quid and are cheaper than the independant garages plus if like me you have the aftermarket warranty that stamp is a must have
starfield
yes, the book is stamped.

The front wiper blades have ford written at one end. They are very good, wipes the screen clean.
ijustwantafile
Sounds a decent price as its from a ford dealer and used ford parts.
tomo2001
Just had wife's Fiesta serviced & MOT'd at Peugeot - (PSA Engine) £129.00 and book stamped.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.