Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do Ford Now Supply Their Vehicles Debadged?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
White Wolf
Just a quick query guys. My son and I recently ordered new Fiesta Zetec S's to use as driving school cars. His has arrived without the 'Zetec S' or 'TDCi' badges on the boot, mine is due Thursday. The supplying dealer claims that it is now Ford's new policy to debadge new vehicles as they can be purchased after market. I think they're trying it on hoping that we'll spend around £40 each replacing them.

Has anyone heard of this policy? I've e-mailed Ford Marketing Dept but no response as yet. Cheers ... Dave
jeebowhite
Not heard of it, and if you ask me it sounds a stupid answer! It wouldnt surprise me if its there way of bringing in additional revenue, but call a couple of local dealers, pose as a new customer and ask if they do the debadge or not!

I bet the answer is no!
jimrex
For once, I think they are telling the truth! My 2009 Fiesta has a Zetec badge on the boot, my mate's 2012 Fiesta doesn't. I also know that they were only putting the Titanium badges on the Focus, but I think they are all 'de-badged' now.

I think I prefer them without to be honest ;)
2011fiesta
Yup spec badges appear to be a thing of the past on all new Fords from what I've seen and heard.
volts
Sounds about right ive not seen any trim badges on Mk3's Focus
jeebowhite
wow, I take it back, I am shocked!!!

I suppose to an extent its good, I mean, look at poor bradley on the forum who recently had his Fieta metal nicked, I suppose it would desuade thieves as they dont know what trim they are taking...?
Mark M.K
It's a simple cost cutting method by Ford. Think of all the money they would save by not making the badges for every car they build.
jimrex
And if you're a cheap-skate like me, and bought a Zetec but made sure it had privacy glass and nicer alloys, joe public think it's a higher-spec Titanium ;)
fordpartsman
Its a part of fords kinetic design. All the details of the car are now on a revised style of vin plate. Showing trim and engine size
Bigdaddycain
[quote name='Mark M.K' timestamp='1332853894' post='174621']
It's a simple cost cutting method by Ford. Think of all the money they would save by not making the badges for every car they build.
[/quote]

You'd have to make a new avatar if you had a 2012 spec fiesta Mark! :huh:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.