Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Bid Question
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
mitch84
HI

Yesterday I listed a few PS3 games on Ebay , As soon as I listed the items I got a bid almost instantly!

Checked out the bidder and he seems to like video games or sells them on at profit , he has a good feedback score so I'm not worried at all , Just unsure how he bidded so instantly after me listing???

Do some ebay users that use the site as a business have special software that can track newly listed products that match there criteria and put automatic bids in?

cheers
jeebowhite
Hi Terry,

There are many "sniper bid" services out there online, long and short you express interest in something, and they will try to nab it for you at the last second.

Equally, they will also look out for certain keywords appear within the ebay database, "PS3" + "game" might be just enough to trigger an automatic low level bid, so that the user can follow it, check the current bid, and refuse to bid higher (if they dont like it) or set the bid to the maximum they want, so that they can grab themselves a deal!
mitch84
I see , thanks for that! :)
stef123
You can set a search to list them in order of newly listed
iNath
I have alerts setup on eBay that email me when new things are listed. It's in 'My eBay' > 'Saved Searches'.

Full Colour Version: Ebay Bid Question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.