Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theft From Ford Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Charlie55
Stupidly I left the car a 2006 Ford focus unlocked someone opened it up and took various bits & pieces including the owners manual & service history booklet - can they use these to get a key made?
Stoney871
Hi Charles,
I shouldn't think that's possible as Ford would ask for proof of ownership before cutting keys like your V5.
Your log book would tend to be more useful for them to sell a cloned or knackered car for more than it's worth due to it havind an apparrent full history.
Ford would not cut a key purely on a logbook / registration and would certainly want the car available to programme the key anyway.
I would notify your local Police just to cover yourself in case someone clones your numberplates and commits crime / driving offences - this will give you protection if you were pulled over due to an ANPR activation.
Charlie55
[sub]Thanks Clive[/sub]

Full Colour Version: Theft From Ford Focus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.