Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stubborn Me And Going Against Your Advice (Stupidily)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
the jbib
Hey folks,
Stupidily I put LEDs in my side lights (Mk 2.5). approx 2 months ago. Now the the nearside light only works intermittenly. Is this a sign it is burning out or possibly just a loose connection. I know most of you have advised against LEDs for side lights. I think I will end up changing them.
On a related note, why can I not find any upgrade bulbs for the tail/brake lights? Do they not do LEDs for these?
Pete
Bigdaddycain
It sounds like the LED is on it's way out... I've had a pair of LED bulbs in my sidelights for about 18 months or so with no issues as yet, unfortunately you take your chances with LED bulbs quality wise...
stef123
I guess voltage fluctuation is also a killer for them..
artscot79
ide take it out you may find the connection gets rather hot............the mk 2.5 headlights are slightly different which may explain it. yet all leds such as the numberplates are going strong obviously no heat there

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615