Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squeaking Noise Driveing Me Mad.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Fiesta_mk5
Hi all i drive a fiesta mk5 2001. The problem i have is the passenger front side is sqeaking like mad when i drive on uneven roads or go over speed bumps it sound like squeake springs on a bed lol. Now 9 months ago i replaced the wishbones and all was good until now. I know my rear left hand gear box mount needs replaceing but i doubt that was cause a squeak. I replaced my disc and pads last weekend and i had a good look round and could visual anything wrong.

So any idea what it could be has it's really getting on my nerves now.

Thanks
Alan.
Bigdaddycain
You could try squirting a bit of WD40 on the gearbox mount i suppose... If the squeaking stops for a few weeks you've found the culprit! B)
Fiesta_mk5
[quote name='Bigdaddycain' timestamp='1333229862' post='175440']
You could try squirting a bit of WD40 on the gearbox mount i suppose... If the squeaking stops for a few weeks you've found the culprit! B)
[/quote]
[quote name='Bigdaddycain' timestamp='1333229862' post='175440']
[/quote]

Hello yeh could try that. I know that knocks the chasis when i am in reverse.
Bigdaddycain
Rubber against steel could well squeak... Do you find it squeaks as you let out the clutch in the lower gears?
Fiesta_mk5
[quote name='Bigdaddycain' timestamp='1333231724' post='175454']
Rubber against steel could well squeak... Do you find it squeaks as you let out the clutch in the lower gears?
[/quote]

It does yeh like when going into 1st and second. :)
ZS-sammy-ZS
its your shocks my mk6 zetec s dose it but thats because i got lowering springs and didnt change the shock ive killed them ha ha..... but ur care dose the same as mine..... its either shocks ... gearbox or engine mounts

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.