Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 61 Plate Zetec Audio Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Andy_Stoke
Have a quick technical problem, wondering if anyone has had a similar/the same issue and knows how to solve it?

I was using the audio units bluetooth to make a phone call, and mid call the audio screen went completely blank. It came back on to the clock screen, but I can't turn the radio on at all. All I can do is press the menu button and see the options for 'clock' and 'display'.

Any ideas?
tomo2001
Disconnect power (battery) and reconnect, works with most things lol
Andy_Stoke
Further things I've now noticed are the centre console lights stay lit when the car is locked, and the clock freezes until the next time I start the engine and goes back to the correct time.

I'm a bit wary about disconnecting the battery, its a motability car. I've booked it in with Ford to be looked at, but have to wait until next Friday. Do you think the battery is likely to drain with the console lights being left on?
artscot79
the dash lights meant to stay on usualy up to 30mins check after an hour it will be off its due to the ecu storing info after the ignitions switched off
Andy_Stoke
Just been to check, lights still on. Been parked for a good couple of hours it. Its just the lights on the audio unit and the screen. Nothing else like the air con or the speedo. Just the audio. No idea whats going on!
artscot79
the audio usualy goes of realy quick ten to 15mins or so it sounds like the unit has frozen and has some sort of a fault internaly looks like its going to need a new head unit
tomo2001
[quote name='Andy_Stoke' timestamp='1333569227' post='176282']
Further things I've now noticed are the centre console lights stay lit when the car is locked, and the clock freezes until the next time I start the engine and goes back to the correct time.

I'm a bit wary about disconnecting the battery, its a motability car. I've booked it in with Ford to be looked at, but have to wait until next Friday. Do you think the battery is likely to drain with the console lights being left on?
[/quote]

Drive it down to the Ford garage, surely a helpful technician will have a go at disconnecting the battery for you ?

Full Colour Version: 61 Plate Zetec Audio Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615