Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knocking Sound After A Clutch Change
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Ikky87
Hi all
had a new clutch fitted last night and I now noticed a knocking sound coming from the front, sounds speed related when I slightly press the brake the sound becomes more obvious, but it stops when you fully press the brake down but I then get a creaking sound coming from what sounds like under the drivers foot well. Any ideas I'm going away wednesday and need the car to get to Gatwick.
Cheers Chaps.
Matt.
stef123
sounds like something hasn't been put back correctly or even tightened!
btmaldon
Do they have to drop the gearbox to change the clutch. If so, probably the gear box mount not tightened up correctly or needs replacing.
Ikky87
wouldnt suprise me i checked the wheels and they didnt take much to loosen, tightend them up and the braking noise has stopped but still have the knocking every now and then normally starts when the car has warmed up a bit.

not too worried now tho had a prang with a BMW today looks as if tho mines a write off just my luck.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615