Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Touch Up Paint - Ok To Use Non-Ford?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
andrews65
Hi, I need to touch up some chips on my 2008 Focus (Vision Blue). Is it OK to use non-Ford paints for this, or is it safer (better colour match) to go with genuine Ford paint?
Stoney871
I would personally use Ford touch up kits as the colour is likely to be a better match.
Halfords do touch up kits with the right Ford colour names but i can't vouch for their match.
rojariggs
I'd go for a Ford one. You know the colour match and paint quality will be good and you can get them real cheap on eBay (I paid a fiver for a genuine kit of paint and lacquer from a Ford main dealer on eBay).
jeebowhite
Yeah I used Halfords one for ford before, and it was always too light or too dark, I got a touch up kit from Kia for my car, £8.99, cant recall what I paid Ford for theres, but at (possibly / hopefully) under a tenner... is it worth not going to Ford?
NorthSussex
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1334147460' post='177113']
Yeah I used Halfords one for ford before, and it was always too light or too dark, I got a touch up kit from Kia for my car, £8.99, cant recall what I paid Ford for theres, but at (possibly / hopefully) under a tenner... is it worth not going to Ford?
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I paid £6.99 inc. shipping, on line 2 months ago, genuine Ford 2 stage touch up.[/font][/size][/color]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.