Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying Advice 2008 '57' Focus Tdci 1.8 Titanium.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Mike77
Hi guys, just looking for some guidance as Im going to look at the above car on Tuesday. Im not a novice around motors, but never owned one of these, so maybe a few of you could point me in the right direction as to what to look out for etc,,,Does it have a DPF, common faults etc etc...
The car is a 1 owner (company, ING bank ) with 111k motorway miles on the clock, but is backed up with a full comprehensive Main Dealer Service History.
Also,,, just so I know,,, what MK is this car classed as ? Its the shape they changed the headlights and tail lights, and the onboard computer display is RED not green. Any feedback would be a great help, Kind regards, Mike.
Stoney871
Hi - for your guidance, this is a MK2-

[IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m522/stoney871/MK2.jpg[/IMG]

This is a MK2.5 or facelift model (assuming that this is the one you mean?) -

[IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m522/stoney871/MK25.jpg[/IMG]
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The 2007 Focus will be a MK 2, as shown by Stoney871. The MK2.5 came in 2008.[/font][/size][/color]
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Make sure you do enough miles to warrant getting a diesel; petrol is better if you are low mileage and short journeys.[/font][/size][/color]
Mike77
Thanks guys, it is indeed a mk2.5 then. I don't do massive miles, but diesel is erm,,, very cheap where I get it from, and NO its not stolen, or red lol. So has to be a diesel. Do the 1.8's have a DPF ??? And anything I should be checking that is a common problem on these ? Going from a little fiesta derv, and its served me quite well, but its really down on spec compared to even a bog focus. The focus is also an estate, forgot to mention that earlier... Regards, Mike.
NorthSussex
[quote name='Mike77' timestamp='1333824356' post='176641']
Thanks guys, it is indeed a mk2.5 then. I don't do massive miles, but diesel is erm,,, very cheap where I get it from, and NO its not stolen, or red lol. So has to be a diesel. Do the 1.8's have a DPF ??? And anything I should be checking that is a common problem on these ? Going from a little fiesta derv, and its served me quite well, but its really down on spec compared to even a bog focus. The focus is also an estate, forgot to mention that earlier... Regards, Mike.
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]At 2008 on a 57 plate it could be either as that was the changeover point.[/font][/size][/color] <_<
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]There are other things to consider apart from the cost of fuel. Do the homework on the merits of petrol v diesel. [/font][/size][/color] :mellow: Check this post.
[b] [url="../31734-bloomin-dpf-regeneration/"]"Bloomin Dpf Regeneration[/url]"[/b]
Mike77
It is deffo a mk2.5 as it has the newer headlights and tail lights.. And I like the diesels, they just seem alot more reliable than petrols, Im aware that if something goes wrong, that it may well be more expensive to repair, but i've had a mixture of both in my time driving, and much prefere the new more refined diesels, as appose to the old tractors that use to burden our roads. Each to their own I guess, but Diesel is for me :)
NorthSussex
[quote name='Mike77' timestamp='1333833127' post='176669']
It is deffo a mk2.5 as it has the newer headlights and tail lights.. And I like the diesels, they just seem alot more reliable than petrols, Im aware that if something goes wrong, that it may well be more expensive to repair, but i've had a mixture of both in my time driving, and much prefere the new more refined diesels, as appose to the old tractors that use to burden our roads. Each to their own I guess, but Diesel is for me :)
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Let us know how things work out after you see the car on Tuesday. Good luck. [/font][/size][/color] :rolleyes:
Mike77
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000080][b]Thanks fella, will keep you posted :) [/b][/color][/size][/font]
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]If you get the opportunity, try to look at more than just the one car.[/font][/size][/color]
Mike77
I have done m8, already looked at 3 in great detail,,, ive got a bit of OCD lol, so its gotta be straight for me to buy it. Just forgot I joined here when I got my fiesta, so thought I'd ask the wisdom of the guru's on here,, For as much I know about mechanics, there is always something others who work specifically on fords will know, that I dont !

I see you have a titanium,,,, does the stereo have bluetooth,,, and is it a single or 6 disc player ? Also, can you just plug a lead in for a usb etc ?
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]No Bluetooth, Single CD (MP3), No USB, No DAB. (Sony CD 2nd Generation) 8 Speakers, AUX Port. But the one you are looking at may be different, they are not all the same even in the same year and model; Fords are like that. :unsure: [/font][/size][/color]
Mike77
UPDATE..... Well, went to view the car in question today, and I was dissapointed to say the least. Was full of hope on the drive there, having asked if it was in good condition as stated. At first glance it did look lovely, but once I got closer the cracks started to appear. The bodywork was in quite a state, with little knocks and scrapes here and there touched in with a paint pen, and even with a full service history, the timing belt was nearly 12k miles overdue !!! There were a few good points, the engine was almost the cleanest I've seen, and ran sweet. Also the interior was tip top, just needed a wipe over. So with a heavy heart I had to walk away to try and find another one.
Going to view a 2006 one tomorrow, same specs except this one is a hatch back. Fingers crossed guys.
NorthSussex
[quote name='Mike77' timestamp='1334103718' post='177089']
UPDATE..... Well, went to view the car in question today, and I was dissapointed to say the least. Was full of hope on the drive there, having asked if it was in good condition as stated. At first glance it did look lovely, but once I got closer the cracks started to appear. The bodywork was in quite a state, with little knocks and scrapes here and there touched in with a paint pen, and even with a full service history, the timing belt was nearly 12k miles overdue !!! There were a few good points, the engine was almost the cleanest I've seen, and ran sweet. Also the interior was tip top, just needed a wipe over. So with a heavy heart I had to walk away to try and find another one.
Going to view a 2006 one tomorrow, same specs except this one is a hatch back. Fingers crossed guys.
[/quote]
[color=#0000FF][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Thanks for the update, you were wise to walk away, the mileage was a bit high. Good luck [/font][/size][/color][color=#0000FF][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive] [/font][/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]with your search.[/font][/size][/color] :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615