Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oem Looking Sat Nav / Dvd / Mp3 Etc Unit For Mk2 Focus - Opinions Needed?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ts7
Hi, browsing through ebay I came across this:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETO-Ford-Focus-S-max-Galaxy-Transit-Kuga-Stereo-Sat-Nav-Navigation-Car-DVD-Radio-/320827295242?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ab2cc060a#ht_16218wt_1185"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETO-Ford-Focus-S-max-Galaxy-Transit-Kuga-Stereo-Sat-Nav-Navigation-Car-DVD-Radio-/320827295242?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ab2cc060a#ht_16218wt_1185[/url]

It looks really good. I could not tell at all that it was an after-market piece of kit.

However, you can only tell so much from the pictures alone. Has anyone bought one? As it's from China and I've heard the quality could be questionable. Also, as it's from China would the radio work here?

Thanks
btmaldon
I had a Chinese unit in my last Focus. The Sat/nav was great as you could run any Windows PDA based version on it. The DVD was pretty good. The radio quality and signal strenth was not good. Sound quality wasn't great and the TV was a waste of time. You need an aerial like the one on your house.

Also there wasn't much room to get all the wires tucked in behind it but with patience it is possible.

Also I fitted a reversing camera to it and that worked great. It automatically changed to the camera when I put the car into reverse.

You still had volume control from the steering wheel stalk as well.
artscot79
just remember youre i pads etc are made in china all these companies do is they are paid to build say the i pad which they do but they make there own version as well sold cheaper you get chinese mobiles that are diect copies of big expensive brands yet they usually are cheaper and have more power so i wouldnt bother about it being chinese, youre tv radio mobile phone and half youre house was built there.oh and where do you think fords oem systems are made lol
Lenny
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1333892905' post='176719']
just remember youre i pads etc are made in china all these companies do is they are paid to build say the i pad which they do but they make there own version as well sold cheaper you get chinese mobiles that are diect copies of big expensive brands yet they usually are cheaper and have more power so i wouldnt bother about it being chinese, youre tv radio mobile phone and half youre house was built there.oh and where do you think fords oem systems are made lol
[/quote]

i saw ford oem 6000cd stereo's in china for £15 brand new
not joking.
macachia
i've had one that went bad (after 2 yrs though)! the cd/dvd drive and the usb port just died. Got parts, got it repaired and it still remained faulty. I replaced my sony st suqare headunit. Even though radio quality went down consideriably, the easy access with usb pendrives was brilliant.

Now I bought a replacement one and I hope it remains fine.

Just one piece of advice. Even though the auctions says that steering control work, msg the seller and confirm it. My second one doesn't support it and I'm still waiting for an updated canbus compatiblr ISO cable (40gbp extra) for it to work.

Gluck

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615