Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Paintwork
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
sparkymark75
Does the Mk2 Focus have any known paintwork issues?

My 2007 Focus has a rust spot just under the rear window directly below the window wiper. It's a light brown colour at the minute but I'm worried about it getting worse.

What's the paintwork warranty on Ford cars like?
jay1981
Never heard of a Focus rusting under the rear window. I think that the paintwork warranty is only for 12 months, the anti-perforation warranty is longer however.

In my experience the Ford warranty is a load of rubbish, they try any trick possible to avoid paying out on a warranty claim - most things seem to get blamed on stone chips, which is not covered under the warranty.

I had the paint peeling off both outer sills and I went back to Ford and they were not interested.
Stoney871
The point that you have rust on was a common fault on the MK1 Focus as the v shape at the bottom of the window channel held water badly.
On a MK2 the channel is straight so shouldn't gather water like the MK1, have you checked in case it's a run off from the wiper spindle?
It could just be staining from rusty water.
sparkymark75
Be kind of impossible for a stone chip to affect where I am talking about. Not sure if it is rust or just dirt, need to get a toothbrush and clean it.
Leemaxd
[quote name='jay1981' timestamp='1333819850' post='176630']
Never heard of a Focus rusting under the rear window. I think that the paintwork warranty is only for 12 months, the anti-perforation warranty is longer however.

In my experience the Ford warranty is a load of rubbish, they try any trick possible to avoid paying out on a warranty claim - most things seem to get blamed on stone chips, which is not covered under the warranty.

I had the paint peeling off both outer sills and I went back to Ford and they were not interested.
[/quote]

I will agree the ford warranty is a waste of time.
jay1981
[quote name='sparkymark75' timestamp='1333824990' post='176644']
Be kind of impossible for a stone chip to affect where I am talking about.[/quote]

Yes its unlikely, but its the kind of crap dealers use to get out of a warranty claim :angry:

Full Colour Version: Focus Paintwork
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615