Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus St-2 Dump Valve Fittment
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
scyrian007
Hi has anyone fitted a aftermarket dump valve to a st-2 focus and how hard is it ? does anyone have any drawings ?
I understand the focus has oil cooler issues can anyone tell me what they are please .......
fredflintstone
Hi Andrew

My first question is Why do you want a dump valve?

With any turbo car oil cooling is an issue and trying to squeeze so much engine/turbo into such small holes with the temperatures turbos can run at is always going to be an issue, on a really hard drive I have know turbos glow white hot...so oil is not at its best viscocity....The best thing I could recommend with any turbo powered car is whenever you drive the car when you end your journey leave the car running on tickover for approx 2minutes for it to go to a decent temp and not cool too quickly, you will get a longerlife span from both engine and turbo..by all means get a larger oil cooler if you are not happy..but decent ones dont come cheap Nissens do one for yours at around £300...and dont be fooled by cheap immitations.

Full Colour Version: Focus St-2 Dump Valve Fittment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.