Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Makes My Nav System?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mitch84
Hi

Had my focus mk2.5 titanium for 6months and I'm still unsure who makes my navigation system , I thought it was Denso, but searching I got very similar images of my system stating it was by blaupunkt and a travel pilot nx , my system looks like the below link.

[url="http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/FordAmbienceZone/SatelliteNavigationSystems"]http://www.ford.co.u...vigationSystems[/url]

its a touchscreen version and i would just like to find out about updates for it as I find it so hard to even work out the model and make of it?

cheers

Mitch
Stoney871
I'm pretty sure it's a Blaupunkt system, it will most likely have a label stuck onto the unit somewhere (usually top or side) with details on it.
You'll have to pull the unit out to check, no need to disconnect the cables just slide forward.
mitch84
Hi

Yeah I think it could be [color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3] Blaupunkt ,the only thing is I cant see it anywhere on there official site , very odd?[/size][/font][/color]
Stoney871
Probably built specifically for Ford so may not show up on their site.
If you can get the serial / model number then that will help you more.
mitch84
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1334004333' post='176885']
Probably built specifically for Ford so may not show up on their site.
If you can get the serial / model number then that will help you more.
[/quote]

thanks , I guess any updates will cost a bomb then at Fords!
Stoney871
If you do get hold of your unit details then a search of t'interweb may turn up some results.
Best of luck Steve.
Keep us posted.
Preee
Don't be tempted by update disk's on Ebay they can wreck your system
artscot79
simple answer denso is a major partner with bosch and have been for a long long time bosch have a subsidary company blaukpunkt est 1936.

so youre unit is a denso product made under licence with bosch who are blaukpunkt.

it is made for ford and not a general european wholesale item
Stoney871
And if your Aunt Doris had the operation she'd be your Uncle Bob. ;)
Clear as mud. :blink: :P
artscot79
i thought it was its <_< :( :unsure: both denso made it under partnership with robert bosch who own blaupunkt so they are the same units denso can make the systems cheaper than blaupunkt under licence so ford have denso units many bmws or top spec pugs have the blaupunkt system the difference will likely be a few cheaper internal parts and cheaper labour costs :rolleyes:
mitch84
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1334014692' post='176911']
simple answer denso is a major partner with bosch and have been for a long long time bosch have a subsidary company blaukpunkt est 1936.

so youre unit is a denso product made under licence with bosch who are blaukpunkt.

it is made for ford and not a general european wholesale item
[/quote]

that clears it up :lol: , I'm to scared to take my unit out and check the model at back of unit , so I may just wait till next service and ask if and how much any updates will cost , If it means getting the lastest maps and such I dont mind paying fords ripoff prices for such things as long as its not above £100.
mitch84
Hi

After some googling ,the closest match I have found for my system is the TravelPilot nx which I'm 99% certain it is , anyway Ive since tried looking for map updates but it seems this system can only use official map dvds and doesn't work with any copys , so if Im to get a map update I would need to go to Fords for it.

So I contacted fords parts and told them I have western Europe and Turkey 2010 in my system and they got back and said they have a map for the same year but eastern Europe at ............................£385.57 incl vat!!!!!!!............yes I did type that correctly :blink:

So I dont think that's worth the bother , one thing that worry's me is will my system become outdated as surly there should be a map for 2012 out by now for my system , after all its not exactly an old car, a 2010 focus should still be getting maps for years to come?

So where are the newer maps ? , I'm sure Ive seen 2011-2012 maps for other ford units?

thanks

Mitch

Full Colour Version: Who Makes My Nav System?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.