Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Surge
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
anthzm
Hi

I need some more advice please if possible.

When I turn on the lights, indicators or open/close a window my car engine seems to gain a surge of energy, which causes the engine to run quite erratically until the indicators go off, or I have finished opening the window. At night when the lights are on the same thing happens except it is constant the engine is up and down. It is only noticeable when I am sitting at the lights or in traffic.
Can anyone shed some light on this please :)
Or the car may just be haunted as the door locks will just lock themselves while i'm driving and on occasion have actually locked themselves when I have closed the door, luckily the keys weren't in the car.
Stoney871
Have you checked the battery? It may need replacing.
Door lock problem is probably water ingress on the locking motors.
I used to get that on my MK 1 focus.
NorthSussex
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1334096088' post='177079']
Have you checked the battery? It may need replacing.
Door lock problem is probably water ingress on the locking motors.
I used to get that on my MK 1 focus.
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I'll second that, I had a similar problem with the locks on my previous Mondeo, water getting into the locks causing all sorts of weird locking problems.[/font][/size][/color]
anthzm
Thank you, I am probably over due a battery, as I have had the car for four years now and have never replaced it.

The locking thing is very strange, I will have to take the door panel off and have a look.
NorthSussex
[quote name='anthzm' timestamp='1334176417' post='177173']
Thank you, I am probably over due a battery, as I have had the car for four years now and have never replaced it.

The locking thing is very strange, I will have to take the door panel off and have a look.
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]If when you take the door panel off, and if you find water in the mechanism; when the lock is fixed you need to stop water getting back into the door. [/font][/size][/color]

Full Colour Version: Power Surge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615