Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Setups
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ChrisH
has anyone tried comparing the different steering setups on the mk2 focus. There are Standard, Sport and Comfort. I was a bit bored yesterday, so changed from Sport to Comfort, but to be honest I didnt really notice anything radically different.... I was expecting much lighter steering.

Has anyone else played with these settings, and found any difference. Gone back to sport now, as it was...
Stoney871
The settings just alter the servo assist on the steering, I do notice a slight difference especially at low speed.
BTW, I tend to leave mine on sport setting too.
mitch84
When I got my car it was on comfort , so I changed to standard , think I noticed a little difference , I may try sport today.
Stoney871
Sport setting makes the steering heavier for low speed turning but more stable at higher speed.
jay1981
The steering setting do make a noticeable difference. When the car is stopped or at low speed such as parking the settings do not apply. The settings only apply over a set speed (can't remember what) I'm sure it is in the handbook somewhere.

Go for a drive along a twisty B road with the steering set to comfort and then do the same with it set to sport - you will notice the difference. :)
tp0404
Can this be changed on the 2010 titanium model? Ive seen it talked about but never looked into how you actually do it.
Preee
[quote name='tp0404' timestamp='1334504122' post='177756']
Can this be changed on the 2010 titanium model? Ive seen it talked about but never looked into how you actually do it.
[/quote]

Not if your car is a 1.6 petrol as it's not in the menu
ChrisH
Thanks for replys. Will try a trip down a twisty B road, see if I notice a difference
alkyz89
i notice a difference between sport and comfort when im parking the car in the garage. i have to do a 90 degree turn in a basement parking area, and the steering is alot lighter in comfort mode.
johnson293

Stumbled across this setting last week when flicking through the dashboard menu - didn't even know it was there.

Mine (1.8TDCi Titanium) is set to 'Sport' and generally feels ok for me.

Did wonder if it was literally a steering setting, or did more than that, but reading around, seems it is just weight of steering it adjusts.

Which cars have this setting? Thought it might have been part of the Titanium Sports Pack, which I think mine may have (it has the 18" alloys).

jeebowhite

All these Focus I believe :)

NorthSussex

has anyone tried comparing the different steering setups on the mk2 focus. There are Standard, Sport and Comfort. I was a bit bored yesterday, so changed from Sport to Comfort, but to be honest I didnt really notice anything radically different.... I was expecting much lighter steering.

Has anyone else played with these settings, and found any difference. Gone back to sport now, as it was...

Stumbled across this setting last week when flicking through the dashboard menu - didn't even know it was there.

Mine (1.8TDCi Titanium) is set to 'Sport' and generally feels ok for me.

Did wonder if it was literally a steering setting, or did more than that, but reading around, seems it is just weight of steering it adjusts.

Which cars have this setting? Thought it might have been part of the Titanium Sports Pack, which I think mine may have (it has the 18" alloys).

It,s not only on the sport, I have it on my 2009 1.8 petrol Titanium, it only effects the steering but it is difficult to detect any difference between the 3 settings.

Full Colour Version: Steering Setups
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.