Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
Fiestated
Hi from a new member who has recently acquired a 2005 1.25 Zetec in silver.

The car drives very well especially above 30/40 mph and is very refined for such a small motor.

Unfortunately, things are not so good at low speeds and on our bumpy road surfaces where there are lots of rattles from the rear of the car which I'm sure are not linked to the suspension and must therefore be coming from other things. Everything seems to be screwed together and I have taken everything out of the car that can be removed including the rear seats and spare wheel etc. Has anyone got any ideas please to cure these very annoying rattles which make urban driving very unrefined indeed. The car that this replaced was a Focus six years older and with twice as many miles and didn'y have any creaks or rattles at all.

Also, compared to my 1.8 Focus which gave me 40 mpg on average, the Fiesta is giving me barely that - the best so far driven very gently is 45 mpg. Considering the difference in sizes of engines, I am quite disappointed with the Fiesta.

Your comments on the fuel consumption would also be appreciated.
dezwez
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi welcome[/font][/size][/color] :)

Full Colour Version: New Member
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.