Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tddi Rear Box Pipe Snapped Help Please.....
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
focus steve77
2.0 TDDi 2001
original exhaust straight through
has split just before rear box......
can i buy just a rear box an it slides over or will i have to buy the whole system again...?
local exhaust centre want £248 for original.....
Theres nothing wrong with centre or back box just the piope has cracked/snapped.....
Any help ideas please.... Kent area...
stef123
To be honest the mondeo exhaust system is very simple and really easy to do. I have changed one in less than 30 mins working on the ground.

you can get just a rear box, its just a sleeve joint to connect it. make sure its the same size pipe before you remove anything.

are you able to replace yourself? you might just be easier to buy the full lot from the flexi back. my 2.2 exhaust consists of a straight pipe to the rear box, thats it! 2 or 3 rubber mounts and 2 nuts. oh and a gasket at the front.
focus steve77
So just buy a rear box cut my original and slide on and clamp...?
stef123
[quote name='focus steve77' timestamp='1334607168' post='178001']
So just buy a rear box cut my original and slide on and clamp...?
[/quote]

yes pretty much. just make sure the pipe is free of corrosion where you are going to make the joint - some emery cloth and a wire brush will help. and most importantly check the diameter of the pipes to be joined

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.