Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greetings From Gibraltar
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
GIBRALTAR FIESTA
Hi New Member here.

I was born and bred in the U.K. but have been in Gibraltar for over 20 years. Contrary to what you might think Gib drives on the right although its a Commonwealth Country.

Many moons ago a mate and I used tio go up in the hills at weekends and we loved racing his old Fiesta Mk2 up hills in a gear too low. I passed the driving test a little later and another lad we knew, who was a motor mechanic knew of a Fiesta Mk2 for sale which I purchased. One gets to know motor mechanics when one drives in that manner lol.

I have had other cars - A Citroen, Seat, Corsa and Peugeot 206 purchased for good reasons e.g. through friends. In between that little collection was another Fiesta when I let me heart rule my head and kept too long. The money I spent on repaiirs would have been better spent on a newer car.

I presently have a Zetec S. I went to the Ford Dealer with a mechanic friend with the intention of looking at new or semi-new cars. We were also going to go the nearby Peugeot dealer. The Fiesta caught my eye. I looked at the other cars (Focus, Mondeo, ets.) but couldn't keep my eyes off that Blue Fiesta. Love at first sight. I said don't bother going to Peugeot :unsure:

I hope shortly to make Festa as I call him - coche = car is a masculine noun in Spanish - more sporty and am considering the Zetec S Leather Pack. I know it makes sense to have spent the money on a more sporty car but sense and cars don't always go together.

Fiestas are 100% fun.

To my mind automatic transmission on a Fiesta is an absolute ABOMINATION
Colin Heath
Welcome!

Full Colour Version: Greetings From Gibraltar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.