Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Lights
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Shooter287
Iv just fitted lowering springs to my st3 , now my self leveling headlights don't go up , are the sensors on the front , behind the o/s wheel ? And on the back , are these for the lights ?
artscot79
im not sure mate but why did you fit springs the car is already lowered with top rate springs and shocks
Shooter287
Hi , glad I did , it's handling is fantastic , and looks so much better , lowering springs for the rs , direct from ford !
artscot79
if they are ford items or from ford then they will have been tested so i doubt they would affect the lights did ford do the fitting? i would nip in and say you bought them ford recomend them and since they were fitted you had the lights issue
Shooter287
I fitted them myself , il ring them up , my local dealer is rubbish !!!!!!!
Shooter287
Rang ford up ! They said that they had never come across that problem , told ya they are useless
tomo2001
[quote name='Shooter287' timestamp='1334922182' post='178700']
Rang ford up ! They said that they had never come across that problem , told ya they are useless
[/quote]

Perhaps they have 'never come across the problem' because they have;

a. Never done the same job ?
or
b. Re-Fitted parts that have been removed that are linked to the light levelling control so not experienced lighting problems ?

Just a thought..............

Also seen as though you ask the location of the sensors but refer to actual wheels (o/s) do you have any photo's of what you believe may be the sensors ?

[url="http://passionford.com/forum/technical-help-q-and-a/383323-focus-st-225-xenon-headlamp-issue.html"]http://passionford.com/forum/technical-help-q-and-a/383323-focus-st-225-xenon-headlamp-issue.html[/url]
Shooter287
Going to have a look at the weekend , I asked them if I disconnect the battery would that reset them , he diden,t know ! He did say that the levellers was inside the wheel arch just at the side of the shock ! Il have to try and adjust them somehow , let you know if any good !
Shooter287
If any one has the same problem as me , just message me and I let ya know what ya have to do , can,t believe that ford have never come across this problem before ! Never mind I sorted it now !
Bigdaddycain
How did you fix it Pete? (just out of curiosity) And how about a pic of your car "extra lowered"? B)
Shooter287
Ello , not took no photos yet , will do when I can work how to put them on here !
Bigdaddycain
No worries Pete... I "host" images via photobucket, all upload instructions are on there mate. ;)

Full Colour Version: Head Lights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.