Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stop/start Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
APL76
Hello once again

My Ka (2011) has an issue with its stop/startsystem. Most of the time it works perfectly, however from time to time when I am using it, it restarts on its own without me touch the clutch or anything.

Has anybody else had this problems and more importantly how do I stop it ????

Many Thanks
DaveD
When it started on its own was the Air Con on? Was the heated rear screen on? Were you using a lot of services i.e. lights, fan, radio, rad fan etc? The only other reason I can think of is that your battery was getting low. The stop / start system and your engine originates from the Fiat Panda/Punto/500 range of cars and I trawl through their forum regularly and this same question is often raised. As yours is under warranty I would mention it to your dealer.
APL76
Dave, thanks for your reply

The day I realised this it was raining, therefore I had lights, windscreen wipers and radio on so seems to make sense using to must electirc elsewhere.

Tried it again today (dry weather) with no windscreen wipers and lights on and it worked perfectly.

Thanks once again
DaveD
Good Im glad alls ok. I have turned our Stop/Start off until we have run her in. My son is the stop/start king in our house, he drives a MINI Cooper the SS works well and saves him £££

Full Colour Version: Stop/start Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.