Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sat Nav Confusion
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
AJD
Hi
I recently bought a used Focus Sport with a built in sat nav system.
I am not convinced it is up to date as the sd card was missing until a couple of hours before I collected the car.
I have in the past used TOMTOM systems, where the update procedure is a simple matter of downloading the desktop software and popping the SD card in - it wouldn't seem to be so straight forward with this unit.
Firstly, it doesn't always seem to be taking me in the direction I would expect it to, and secondly, when I have inserted the sd ccard into the computer and explored the files, they all seem to be last modified in 2009, which was 2 years before the year of manufacture.
Can this be right, or have I been given an old SD card?

Thanks in advance
btmaldon
It should say on the card what year it relates to. I bought a 2011 Sport new in April last year and that has 2010 mapping. You cant copy these discs and the only way to update is buy a new disc (£180 from Ford).

As far as the direction it takes you check what setting it is on for dynamic guidance. I custom set mine to 90% fastest route and 10% shortest. If you have it on 100% fastest route it will often take you the longest way using faster roads.

PM me your email address if you want a pdf copy of the user manual.
Preee
You should have Uk /Turkey 2010 maps , if they have given you 2009 maps then go back and ask for the proper SD card that should have been supplied with your year car.

You can also recalibrate the satnav from the menu

Full Colour Version: Sat Nav Confusion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.