Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Ford Ka Fuel Cap
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
DaveD
We have a new Ford Ka Edge two weeks old tomoz. Went to fill it with petrol and when I inserted the key in the fuel cap and removed it the doors locked! Never had that before and wasnt aware it was going to happen either. Now when I took delivery I was given a key code and an electronic key code. Should I have been given a radio code too? The radio isnt a hi-tec radio. Thanks Dave.
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Are you sure you didn't occidentally push the lock button on the key fob as you unlocked the fuel cap, the buttons are a bit hair trigger, I regularly lock the doors by accident as I remove the key from the ignition.[/font][/size][/color] :huh: [color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Yes you should have a radio code, it may be in the audio handbook.[/font][/size][/color]
DaveD
Perhaps I did but I dont think I did though. The best way is to do it again (when it stops raining) and see. Thanks DD.
roystonmag
[size=3]Hi Dave, Had the same problem, when filling up, I found kept hitting the lock button on remote, when trying to relock the petrol cap, which in itself, is a pain, a fiddle of a job.[/size]
DaveD
Yep it was me catching the 'Lock' button.
bottletree
I didn't think locking petrol caps were necessary anymore due to the anti siphon fuel pipes. Besides if they want your fuel don't they just cut the pipes these days?
DaveD
I think locking petrol caps are a comforter to the owner, thats all.

Full Colour Version: New Ford Ka Fuel Cap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.