Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Bulbs !!!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Mike77
[size=5][b]Hi guys, just a quick one, im soon going to be fitting a HID kit to my '06' focus, (had them in my last 4 cars, and cant do without anymore) just wanted to know if it is a 'headlight out job' ? Not had chance to have a look as its not stopped raining here for about 4 days lol. Cheers in advance, Mike.[/b][/size]
stef123
yes it is a headlight out job, you will need a torx bit, T30? and its just a couple of clips to slide it out. quite simple.
Mike77
Cheers stef thought it might be ;-)
Mike77
[size=5][b]Job done, took about an hour, hardest part was drilling the covers on the rear of the light to fit the rubber grommet. All in now, led sidelights, and a 6000k HID kit to boot, looking sweet :) [/b][/size]
stef123
[quote name='Mike77' timestamp='1335545255' post='179825']
[size=5][b]Job done, took about an hour, hardest part was drilling the covers on the rear of the light to fit the rubber grommet. All in now, led sidelights, and a 6000k HID kit to boot, looking sweet :) [/b][/size]
[/quote]

Good result then :)
jgriff
Any pics?
Mike77
Can you just upload pics on here or do you have to mess about through photo bucket ??? Baffles my head all that lol.
jgriff
Photobucket is prob the easiest way of doin it and
Mike77
Ok so think I may have worked it out,,,, here is a before and after of my light fitting, left the front fogs on for both pics to better show the difference.....

Before,,
[IMG]http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/chopperharris77/Pictures%20of%20my%20BMW%20528i%20SE/Untitled.jpg[/IMG]

After,,

[IMG]http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/chopperharris77/Pictures%20of%20my%20BMW%20528i%20SE/Untitled1.jpg[/IMG]

So there is my car, and my lights lol, 2 birds with one stone :D
Stoney871
Cracking.
You just need to change the fogs for Blue/white zenon now to even it up.
Mike77
Yeah I've got 2 options here,,,, I've spotted some direct replacement fog light units on eBay, they are 60 quid, but are classed as DRL's (day running lights for those not in the know) or I could just opt for a set of replacement fog light bulbs, LED ones, coming in at 15 quid and they are the same colour type (6000k) as the headlights. For the amount of time I'll actually use them I'm swaying towards the cheaper option. But they were getting changed regardless lol, my OCD would have never allowed a miss match like this go un-noticed for long. Changed the rear Reg plate bulbs to led's too, they also look much better.
Stoney871
6000k bulbs will do the job nicely.

Full Colour Version: Headlight Bulbs !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.