Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluetint Windscreen
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Kevin Ginnever
Hi guys,

New to the forum and looking for some advice. We bought a Mondeo estate Titanium on a 58 plate last weekend. We had to get the windscreen replaced this week due to a crack. Autoglass did the work through our insurers however my wife is positive the glass they fitted isnt the same tint. We have the blue tint alway round and to be honest I hadnt paid that much attention when we got it. When she brought the car home from work I looked and have to admit it does seem alot brighter now through the screen. To me it looks like a clear screen with no tint at all.

We got autoglass back out and they sent the same guy who fitted it. Not surprisingly he said it was the correct screen with bluetint.

So my question is this, just how much bluetint should there be on the windscreem when supplied ford.

Cheers

Kev
mintalkin
if you can call into a ford dealer and see if there is another mondeo to compare against, the following quote was taken from the autoglass website - At Autoglass[sup]®[/sup], we only use glass manufactured to OEM standards, so i would say it was not a ford windscreen.
pragmatix
A genuine Ford windsreen has Ford wriitten on it
Kevin Ginnever
[quote name='pragmatix' timestamp='1335646317' post='180026']
A genuine Ford windsreen has Ford wriitten on it
[/quote]

The new one has Pilkington Glass
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Was it a heated screen, if so does it work?[/font][/size][/color] :huh:
jeebowhite
They will only replace glass for glass, if it is heated, it will be replaced with heated, any tints around the outside, may have been an out of factory modification, which they do not replace...

Full Colour Version: Bluetint Windscreen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615