Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gearbox Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Billmccan
Hi all, for the past 2 to 3 weeks I was hearing a noise that sounded like a fan belt slipping as I was pulling away, as it was no great hassle I asked my mechanic to check it out when doing a service in a months time.Then just yesterday as I was going round a roundabout the car started to shudder, when I pulled away from the roundabout and moved up into third gear there was no transmission and in first and second gear the noise like fan belt slip is there all the time.I have a secondhand gearbox on the way but thought I would post this to see if anyone else has had the same problem.
Cheers Bill
james_60
Hi William

When driving along do the rev's increase when you try to accelerate but the speed does not change.

It could be a contaminated clutch if the above is the problem.

Does the clutch engage/disengage properly

Jamie

Full Colour Version: Gearbox Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615