Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurers And Mobile Phone Users
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Stoney871
Spotted this and found it interesting.
Insurers have found another way to clobber Drivers.

[url="http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/car-insurers-refuse-to-cover-mobile-phone-offenders.html"]http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/car-insurers-refuse-to-cover-mobile-phone-offenders.html[/url]

Fair enough that using a Phone without a hands free device while driving is an offence but typical of Insurers to find a way of cashing in.
rojariggs
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1335935612' post='180500']
Fair enough that using a Phone without a hands free device while driving is an offence but typical of Insurers to find a way of cashing in.
[/quote]
I actually have no problem with this. Too many times you see a badly driven car and, when you get past it, nine times out of ten they are on the phone. The current penalty is clearly no deterrent to a lot of people so anything additional that can try and reinforce to drivers that they shouldn't be doing this is welcome in my eyes.
Colin Heath
Interesting. I too agree, bluetooth earpieces are available very cheaply, and there's really no excuse for texting whilst driving.
ijustwantafile
[quote name='Colin Heath' timestamp='1335950270' post='180511']
Interesting. I too agree, bluetooth earpieces are available very cheaply, and there's really no excuse for texting whilst driving.
[/quote]

Agreed. Bluetooth kits are cheap! If you want to use your phone that badly then surely you should just get one.

I installed a bluetooth kit to my car which cost me around £25, barely use it as I do short trips now but if I do long ones I connect my phone and use it when needed and if I do I make calls short. It's mainly used for playing music from my phone to my car.

My sister does a 30min drive to work every day. On her way home she ALWAYS phones people, I always ignore her as I know she doesn't even have a hands free kit. She's been told off by a copper before and he let her off if she promised to get a bluetooth kit... year later and she still hasn't got one!
jeebowhite
I bought a bluetooth headset off ebay for £3.99, it works, it allows me to answer calls, and if I need to make one, I either tap to redial, or pull over and dial the number, then use the bluetooth to talk.

it works, and theres no excuse, I would rather pay £5 for a cheap bluetooth, than £60 + Premium hike...

I hate drivers on their mobile, OK, so in a multi storey car park, if you are driving at less than 10mph, its one thing, but 80+ on a motorway...

I am glad they are cashing in on it, shame they dont re-invest their profit...

Full Colour Version: Insurers And Mobile Phone Users
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615