Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering / Tracking problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
maxpower
With the snow and ice around on the roads at the moment, my Focus skidded on ice and hit a curb (front on).
Steering seems to be a bit off so I've taken it to the garage who have advised that I need the following fixed:
Lower Arm
Track Rod End
2 Rear Tie Rods
Rear Anti Roll Bar drop link

A bit strange as to why the rear has a problem but can anyone tell me if the above list looks feasible or am I being taken for a ride..?

Cheers.
SierraYankee99
Nope looks about right to me. The jolt at the front could be transmitted through the whole car. Body reacts, back wheels got grip, bits on rear get damaged too.
maxpower
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='11255' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:42 AM']Nope looks about right to me. The jolt at the front could be transmitted through the whole car. Body reacts, back wheels got grip, bits on rear get damaged too.[/quote]

Looks as though the 'rear' problems were general wear and tear and not caused by the shock of impact.
Cheers.
alz
Have your car (all wheel adjusted) after being repaired.. this seems the best way on focus's

Full Colour Version: Steering / Tracking problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.