Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audio Wiring Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
salsheikh
guys, i have to use an RCA adapter so i can add a sub. The adapter kit uses the rear speaker wires but i am confused as to which wires are for the rear speakers.
Haynes manual isnt making sense to me.
Also, which wire should i connect to for the remote power wire?

Thanks
Mike77
You will need to gain access to the rear speakers in the door cards to splice into the wires, there will only be 2 per speaker, pozzy and negative, and as far as the remote wire, you could take it from the back of the headunit, or use a volt meter, and find a wire in the loom nearer the boot that is 'ignition' live. It's an easy job if you know what your doing lol. Hope this is of some use.
salsheikh
i would have to get into both doors to splice into the speaker wiring as there is a left and right speaker connection to be made. i thought the back of the headunit is best, same for the remote wire.
Mike77
You could do it from the back of the headunit by all means, I was just thinking of the easiest way, using less wire and not having to hide as much wire too... If you do go from the back of the head unit, try to route the speaker wires down one side of the car, and the remote wire down the other side, as sometimes, if they are together it can cause interference.
salsheikh
i buggered that up then, i thought the rca leads and remote together is fine but power cable is on opposite side.
Mike77
You might get away with it mate, try it worst case is you have to switch a wire around ;-)
salsheikh
well, i had a look and looked some more at the haynes manual and finally did it and it working! woo hoo, i have BASS!!!

Full Colour Version: Audio Wiring Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.