Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 06 1.6 Tdci Zetec Climate Pack Euro 4 - Advice Needed
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
jonathansims1984
Hi

Recently the Cooling fan on my ford focus TDCI has been coming on even though the Temp gauge on the dash is showing what I'm led to believe is the perfect temp for the car( Just below half way)... The fan stays on after the engine has been turned off for about a minute... This occurs if I drive for 20 miles or even just 2-3 miles...

Also the average MPG is now only 31.8 MPG round town this seems a little low for a 06 Diesel engine... does the fan running all the time cause the alternator to work harder therefore cause for higher fuel consumption?

Could the problem be the thermostat or Temp Sensor?? Some also mentioned could be the EGR valve?

Any advice would be appreciated..

Thank you
Mondyghiax
Hi are you using the a/c when the fans run on also there was a recall on the focus cooling fans but I think it was just the 1800 diesels that were affected but might be worth cheking with your local dealer to see if it is outstanding on your car.
jonathansims1984
[quote name='Mondyghiax' timestamp='1336256837' post='181058']
Hi are you using the a/c when the fans run on also there was a recall on the focus cooling fans but I think it was just the 1800 diesels that were affected but might be worth cheking with your local dealer to see if it is outstanding on your car.
[/quote]

Alright,

Yeah I know that the A/C activates when setting blowers to windscreen this acts as a d-mister... But even when the blowers are turned off the fan runs.... I have even taken out the A/C relay just to see if the A/C was faulty somehow but the cooler fan still runs like I say for about 1 minute after the car ignition has been turned off... I'm pretty sure this is the reason why i'm only getting 31.8 MPG
mintalkin
bump
jonathansims1984
[quote name='Mondyghiax' timestamp='1336256837' post='181058']
[/quote]

Hi again,

I have just been advised that by another site that I might have a choked up turbo pipe which could be causing the turbo to run hotter than normal.... hense the reason the coolant fan is running all the time.... do you think this is possible and what kind of cost do you think i will be facing if it is a choked up turbo pipe?
ajt
Does the fan come on as soon as you start the engine?
jonathansims1984
[quote name='ajt' timestamp='1336335613' post='181191']
Does the fan come on as soon as you start the engine?
[/quote]
comes on after about five mins of average driving
jonathansims1984
[quote name='jonathansims1984' timestamp='1336341677' post='181210']
comes on after about five mins of average driving
[/quote]
iv been reading up and I reckon I might get diognostic run... hopefully this will show the problem.
But I'm leaning more towards Coolant sensor, or EGR Valve going on the symptoms of Rough Idle - Noisy engine at accelerations and increased fuel consumption and coolant fan running alot

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615