Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Egr Valves
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
jonathansims1984
hi,

If your car has a faulty EGR Valve would it feel more rough in idle and feel sluggish when acceleration... also would it cause your car to sound louder than usual on acceleration? also car MPG has dropped if not EGR valve what else could be problem PCV Valve?

Thanks
moy24
hi mate i had a quick look on google on ur behalf and yes it does sound like your egr valve is faulty. If it's faulty your car could stall and u could get a misfire too and also you said ur fuel comsumption is low it's sign of egr valve but dont take my word for it get it checked out or have a look on the net and see what others say.keep us updated so ur post could help otheres one day.Goodluck
jonathansims1984
[quote name='moy24' timestamp='1336385191' post='181254']
hi mate i had a quick look on google on ur behalf and yes it does sound like your egr valve is faulty. If it's faulty your car could stall and u could get a misfire too and also you said ur fuel comsumption is low it's sign of egr valve but dont take my word for it get it checked out or have a look on the net and see what others say.keep us updated so ur post could help otheres one day.Goodluck
[/quote]
Thanks mate I think ill get diagnostic run on it see if this is the problem... coolant fan is running to dunno why hopefully it is this and its all linked!
moy24
when u get the diagnostic done let me no how u got on. im not sure why the fan is runing but just get everything checked out
jonathansims1984
[quote name='moy24' timestamp='1336392778' post='181276']
when u get the diagnostic done let me no how u got on. im not sure why the fan is runing but just get everything checked out
[/quote]
Will do mate ill keep all posted
jonathansims1984
[quote name='moy24' timestamp='1336392778' post='181276']
[/quote]
Hi There,

My car is booked into a garage for Monday.... found oil on my air filter and the air filter pipe is also coated with oil.... so i have cleaned both the pipe and the filter housing and put in new filter...think somehow this can all be linked.
Anyway after discussions with many mechanics I think I the problem could be one of the following...
- Blocked Turbo Oil pipes or Breathers
- Leaking Head Cylinders
- Clogged EGR Valve

I think I'm leaning more towards the EGR Valve though.
So hopefully get this sorted early next week but ill keep this page updated as soon as I know what the problem is.
moy24
Hope it goes well in the garage i had oil in my air filter befor and the cause was that my pistong rings was worn so oil was leaking and some of it went into my spark plugs and air filter but i have a 2.0 petrol as urs a desiel it might be linked to ur egr valve problem if it is the egr but good luck
jonathansims1984
[quote name='moy24' timestamp='1336827232' post='182211']
Hope it goes well in the garage i had oil in my air filter befor and the cause was that my pistong rings was worn so oil was leaking and some of it went into my spark plugs and air filter but i have a 2.0 petrol as urs a desiel it might be linked to ur egr valve problem if it is the egr but good luck
[/quote]
Bk again.... just back from garage had EGR replaced and coolant sensor replaced.... the banging from the engine believe it or not was the pipe from the air filter box down into the engine had come away from the box! strange! all seems fine now...
moy24
[quote name='jonathansims1984' timestamp='1337072490' post='182631']
Bk again.... just back from garage had EGR replaced and coolant sensor replaced.... the banging from the engine believe it or not was the pipe from the air filter box down into the engine had come away from the box! strange! all seems fine now...
[/quote]
at least u got it fixed now hope it didnt cost alot sometimes it could be something simple like the pipe from ur airbox
jonathansims1984
[quote name='moy24' timestamp='1337114836' post='182758']
at least u got it fixed now hope it didnt cost alot sometimes it could be something simple like the pipe from ur airbox
[/quote]
well for EGR valve, Senor Replacment, and fixed pipe cost me 230 all in... so not bad at all really seen as EGR cost around 155....

car sound and runs so mu h better now so all is well and im happy!
moy24
[quote name='jonathansims1984' timestamp='1337210517' post='182979']
well for EGR valve, Senor Replacment, and fixed pipe cost me 230 all in... so not bad at all really seen as EGR cost around 155....

car sound and runs so mu h better now so all is well and im happy!
[/quote]
thats no bad price im glad everything ok now

Full Colour Version: Egr Valves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615