Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Board
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Mathew Pritt
my question is, if i was to replace the dash board in my mk2 focus, would it be a straight swap or is there some technical electrical stuff i should know??
Mike77
Replace it with what ??? I assume you mean with a mk 2.5 one, in which case I believe its not just a simple case of swapping them over.
Lenny
[quote name='Mathew Pritt' timestamp='1336409855' post='181326']
my question is, if i was to replace the dash board in my mk2 focus, would it be a straight swap or is there some technical electrical stuff i should know??
[/quote]
you would be better to remove the front seats and centre console first, to allow yourself space to manouver it out, and their are air bags that will need disconnecting before you move it.

[quote name='Mike77' timestamp='1336411909' post='181335']
Replace it with what ??? I assume you mean with a mk 2.5 one, in which case I believe its not just a simple case of swapping them over.
[/quote]

the mk2 and mk2.5 main dash section is identical if you are changing to a mk2.5 you just need a new centre console, some new side footwell panels and the stereo surround, or if your planning to swap it for a st or rs dash you dont need to do that neither because you can cut out the existing dash and fit the st pod in their very easilly, i have done it myself,

the only other reason i can think that you would want to change it is because of air bag deployment leaving a hole in the passenger side of it.
Mike77
Ahhhh, I thought he meant the clocks :-0
Mathew Pritt
yeah didnt make it very clear, i just want to swap the clocks for the same mk2 ones as mine are faulty.
Lenny
[quote name='Mathew Pritt' timestamp='1336423454' post='181373']
yeah didnt make it very clear, i just want to swap the clocks for the same mk2 ones as mine are faulty.
[/quote]

easy job mate,
but electroniclly ford will need to sync the new cluster to your car via IDS software,
but removal of the cluster is simple and pluging it in,
see my guide for fitting the st pod to see how to remove and fit the cluster, but you will need a software job done too or your car wont drive,

Full Colour Version: Dash Board
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.