Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detachable Towbar - 2012 Focus Estate?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
AlanW
Has anyone got a new shape Focus estate fitted with a detachable tow bar (or even a normal one would suffice) that could post a couple of pictures please?

I am seriously thinking of getting one fitted just to transport bikes about, expensive option I know, but I don't like the idea of three/four bikes on the roof! And having come from a Mondeo estate, I've now lost 300mm interior length.
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I hang 2 mountain bikes off the back of a Mk2.5 estate with a 6 strap bike carrier, no probs; much cheaper option than the tow bar route. :) [/font][/size][/color]
AlanW
[quote name='ndsussex' timestamp='1336417099' post='181356']
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I hang 2 mountain bikes off the back of a Mk2.5 estate with a 6 strap bike carrier, no probs; much cheaper option than the tow bar route. :) [/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Sorry, but I never been a huge fan of these type of carriers. I had one once and it was more hassle than it was worth. I just want to clamp a carrier on and be away with the least amount of bother as possible!
AlanW
Having got some quotes yesterday, me thinks its time for a rethink!

£550 to supply and fit a Witter detachable tow bar and single electrics, but then you have to take the car to a Ford dealer to have a "update" on the CanBus system.

How much do you think the dealership would charge to do this, simple 5 minute job?

£106.....the robbing swine's!
NorthSussex
[quote name='AlanW' timestamp='1336540468' post='181559']
Having got some quotes yesterday, me thinks its time for a rethink!

£550 to supply and fit a Witter detachable tow bar and single electrics, but then you have to take the car to a Ford dealer to have a "update" on the CanBus system.

How much do you think the dealership would charge to do this, simple 5 minute job?

£106.....the robbing swine's!
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]That's why I use a strap rack for my bikes, it only takes 10 minutes to fit and is very stable.[/font][/size][/color]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.